Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Yantra and Mantra

Swami Savitananda Saraswati (Netherlands)
“It was a total miracle that within a week I was struck by 'lightning' and, at the same time as hearing a mysterious, repetitive koan, a light golden triangle was deposited in my body. This was the beginning of a series of intense, internal experiences, all of which involved the appearance of coloured, geometric forms. At the moment that thunder and lightning struck me down, like a spiralling tornado sucking me into its centre, I experienced, as an observer, 'I am that'.”
This was the result of the teachings of my first yoga teacher. He was a versatile person who occasionally informed us of the spiritual paths other than those connected with yoga, sometimes speaking about Zen Meditation or on other occasions about Christianity or Transcendental Meditation. He presented techniques from these doctrines that we could practise ourselves. I became very attracted to the mysterious 'koan' ritual, related to Japanese Zen Buddhism, choosing one from the many examples he gave us. Using it as a mantra during my daily yoga practice, I repeated it continually with each asana, whilst holding my attention on the movement of the breath. The result was impressive, yet it was only later on that I learnt what I had really experienced.
www.yogamag.net
www.dhyansanjivani.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

free html hit counter

BLOGGER
Google
 
Web www.dhyansanjivani.org
www.mahayantra.blogspot.com www.infoarticle.com